What are Collections?
Collections allows you to connect multiple forms into a single data collection, making it even more efficient if you're needing to collect multiple forms for an individual athlete.
What's an example of how I can use a collection?
When an Athlete has an injury and needs a medical consultation, you may be required to fill our several forms throughout the process of the athlete's injury and recovery process. Collections will allow you to house any related Forms in conjunction with each other in the same place for ease of use and timely recording.
For example, if you have an athlete with an injury or illness, he or she may require a consultation with a doctor. This may require some paperwork to be filled out - an injury form describing the injury, an initial consultation form, the doctor's note(s), any medications prescribed, and a discharge form to close the loop. Collections will allow you to quickly and efficiently create a grouping of these forms for a given athlete and keep them in one convenient place for entry and analysis.
How to create a Collection
- Log into your AMS site as a user with proper Form Builder permissions. To see how to change Roles and Permissions, please click here.
- Create the necessary Templates that will make up the Collection. In the example above, these would be the Initial Consultation, Discharge Consultation, Injury Form, Doctors Note, and Medications templates. To learn how to create a Template, please click here.
- On the Left Hand Menu, navigate to Forms > Collections. This will take you into your Collections List.
- Select "+ Create Collection" in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Name your Collection and select the Templates you'd like to make up the Collection. Click Save when you're finished selecting the templates.
- To View/Edit/Delete the Collection, click on the Actions button along the right hand side. What you can see in this screen will be based on the permission flags in your assigned role.
- If you'd like to remove a Template from the Collection, select the "Edit Collection" option and double click on the Template that you want to be removed - the Templates included in the Collection sit in the box on the right.
How to Enter Records into a Collection
- In the Actions button listed in Step 6 above, select View Collection.
- Click the "+ Create Collection Record" in the top right hand corner and name the entry. To continue the example listed above, we called ours "Frank Kross - ACL Oct 2020." Select Save when you're finished. This will create your Collection Record.
- To enter records against this Collection, select the Actions button on the right-hand side of the screen and select "View Collection Record." This will take you into a screen that displays the Templates you selected in the previous section when creating the Collection.
- From here, you can create Records by selecting the "Add New" option for the Form of choice.