How to enter data against a Template
- To view your Forms list and the associated actions after creating your Templates following steps 1-9, Navigate back to the Left Hand Menu under the Forms module > Templates. This will take you into your Template List, where you'll be able to see all forms that you have permission to see, who created which form and when, the Template version, who most recently updated it and when, and the Actions button.
- The Actions button will present you with the options you have available based on your permissions, such as Creating a record, entering Bulk data, viewing all Records, editing the Template, and deleting the Template.
- Before proceeding, you'll need to set your Element Assignments (so that the Record List has a way to sort, organize, and filter the Records) as well as the Permissions for the specific Template.
- Navigate to the Forms module > Templates, and in the Actions button for the Template in question, select Edit Template.
- Once in the Template, navigate to the Form Settings tab and select the drop down titled "Element Assignments."
- From here, you can select your three element assignments - a Record Label, a Subject User, and a Date of Occurrence. These will help your Record List stay organized and display things such as the date the record is being entered (Date of Occurrence), who the Record is being entered for (Subject User), and a unique identifier (Record Label - this must be a Text element).
- Next, staying in the Form Settings tab, select the bottom option labeled Access Control List.
This is where you'll set the specific permissions for users, groups, teams, and/or roles.
Note: This is different than the Permissions set for roles generally here, as permissions are needed per Template in order to be able to see it.
- From here, you can begin entering records for your created forms. A Record is a data entry associated with the form - for example, if it's a Body Weight form, each individual entry that's saved either as a draft or as a final version will be entered onto the Record List. There are a few ways to enter data:
- Via the Web - navigate to the Forms module > Templates and select the Actions button of the desired Template. Select the Create a Record option.
- Via Bulk Entry - navigate to the Forms module > Templates and select the Actions button of the desired Template. Select the Bulk Entry option. The difference between the Bulk Entry and the Create a Record options is creating one record for one user vs. creating multiple entries for various users in a row (for example, one medical history entry vs. 15 athlete body weights).
- Via the mobile app - On your iPhone or Android, go to the App Store/Google Play store and have your athletes download the Catapult Athlete app. For questions on which Region to select, please contact your local support team.
To report off of the information collected on the Forms, please click here.