The Catapult AMS Calendar now has the ability to track member attendance for any events that are created.
Visible Changes to Calendar View:
This new feature allows users to set either mandatory or non-mandatory attendance.
For any event that has mandatory attendance this will be visible via two key features:
- The calendar event will have diagonal stripes instead of the solid colour for non-mandatory calendar events
- An exclamation mark icon will be present before the description of the event
Example of Mandatory event:
When you hover over the event you will also see that the attendance is mandatory via the text in the event information section. You will also see the exclamation mark icon in the bottom right hand corner of the event details section (see below).
Creating events is very similar to how it has always been performed.
- Press the green +add event button in the top right hand corner. Alternatively please highlight the time frame you wish to create an event over (day or week view) or click on the day of the event (month view).
- You will be asked if you wish to create an event. Select Yes to proceed to the event creation page
- There will now be four sections for event creation:
- Schedule Events
Here you will select the event type (based on what is set up in Admin - Config - event type/template), title of the event, venue (set up in admin - config - venues or you have the option to add a new venue on the fly) and a description of the event.
Here you will select the start/end time of the event, whether the event is a one off or a recurring event and whether you would like to send a reminder to users.
Prior to this feature release this section would only ask you to select the recipients of the event. There is now a toggle button at the top of this section asking whether this event is mandatory or not. By default, no will be selected. Whether mandatory is selected here will determine the visible view of the event on the calendar (as discussed above) and also the options players have when responding to this event (discussed below).
Like before, users are able to attach media to the calendar event.
Once all details are inputted press Create Event and then select whether you want to add only or add and send to recipients.
Navigate back to the calendar to view the event you have created and open it.
Note the solid colouring as the event is not mandatory.
This will open the event where you are able to see the event details along with any responses:
Users can now respond Yes, No or Maybe and add additional information to their response via the attendance notes box.
Once responses have come through to the event the right hand screen will populate with a break down of who has responded yes, who has responded no, who has responded maybe and who is still yet to respond (pending).
The wheel chart at the top of the page gives you a visual display of the break down of responses.
This wheel has a number of functions.
- By clicking the camera icon (top right hand corner), a .png file will download an image of the attendance wheel (this could then be shared with other member on the platform via a message)
- Users also have the ability to show a percentage breakdown of each response when they hover over the wheel. This is shown below when the top right hand corner icon is selected.
- The option Yes, No, Maybe and Pending can also be turned on or off to concentrate on the data you wish to see. Please see below I have turned off the pending option. Any option that has been deselected will be faded (see below).
Turning off any part of the wheel here will also affect the attendees list below.
The attendees response list categories can be expanded or collapsed and you will also be able to view the response from each attendee along with the time they responded/updated their response.
Users also have the ability to search users and the responses rather than scrolling through every response.